I call this my weekend musings. The older I get the more I wonder why no one cautioned me or told me about some things in life. Or, maybe they did but I paid no attention at the time. I didn’t or couldn’t relate. Stories about grandchildren, menopause, medications, surgery, aches/pains, other body changes, or retirement never held my attention then. In my thirties I entered a different classroom in life. And, did I learn a thing or two in that decade? I also found out there were tests I had to pass. So, I started to pay attention. What decade was it for you?
Here are some things I found out – Call them ‘lessons learned’ :
- I can’t change people – They change when they want to. I can only control my choices or responses.
- They may never apologize – move on.
- People cannot give me what they don’t have. Without lowering my standards, I have to modify my expectations accordingly.
- There are some questions I shouldn’t ask – Somethings are better left not known.
- The degree[s], the new car, the salary increase [ and all of that..] will only make me happy for a while. They are not all they are cracked up to be.
- God is more concerned about my character than my comfort.
- When someone shows me who they truly are – believe them.
- Never let a man tell you twice, he doesn’t want you [ladies only].
- There’s a difference between access and authority – Because you have access to something doesn’t mean you have the authority to use it [sit on this for a minute😎].
- If I don’t heal the healthy way, I will bleed on those around me.
- I was graced for my ‘drama’. I will not wish for yours.
- I am not late, I didn’t miss anything – I’m right where I’m supposed to be. Let it be!!
- God doesn’t run sprints or marathons- He’s never in a race with anyone.
- Not everything that looks good is God. Not everything that is God looks or feels good.
- The challenges I encounter are not meant to destroy me. God trusts me to stay true to the the process.
- Gravity wins- every time!😁
- Any where there’s hair on your body – will eventually turn gray. Shocker!!!
- You can live without him or her. Yes…you can!
- Believe it or not, your teenagers love you. You’re just not their priority right now.
- Buy the shoes and eat the cookie! For real….💃🏾
- Not everyone will like, accept, appreciate, support, or ‘get’ me. I need to be OK with that.🎶
- Jesus did not die for who I wish I was. He died for who I am.
- I was the ‘wretch’ that song mentioned. That’s why grace is so amazing.
***Thanks for stopping by and checking out some of my lessons learned. Embrace yours. ‘Like’ and share a lesson that might benefit someone.