Quite often I drive on the road to Magic Kingdom. There is a sign that boldly declares ‘ Where Dreams Come True’. I must admit I cringe every time someone asks me to take them there. Maybe I’m getting old[er]😁! However, I love to watch the delight on the faces of people when they enter these theme parks. For many, it has been their dream to see all their favorite childhood characters. One day, a teenage girl had me walking all over Magic Kingdom looking for a particular princess. You need to understand I don’t do girls at all!! I am a boy mom! I didn’t get it. There were other princesses around. What’s the big deal? We found her and this girl’s world just stopped! It was HER dream to take a picture with this princess.
Poet Langston Hughes penned these words “Hold fast to dreams For if dreams die Life is a broken-winged bird That cannot fly. Hold fast to dreams For when dreams go Life is a barren field Frozen with snow.” Dreams have this amazing way of fueling us for the journey. As I get older, I notice how easy it is for dreams to die. Life happens and we forget. Some of us have amputated or suffocated our dreams. Worst, we sometimes bury them alive. Many times we buy into to the lie that it’s too late. Then there are those of us who have allowed the naysayers and the dream killers to rob us of that thing that was alive and burning in us.
Our dreams are ours. Many of them are God-given. So designed to direct us in fulfilling our destiny and realizing our purpose here in this space carved out for us to occupy. Be reminded:
- Not everyone will get your dream. It was not given to them. You need to be okay with that.
- There is space for you. Stay in your lane.
- No one said it would be easy. Know that it is for an appointed time.
- Pursuing our dreams will always invite obstacles, hurdles and at times dark days. Still we rise.
- When our dreams connect with God’s plan, it’s becomes a thing of beauty- the perfect union.
- Believe in the power of ‘yet’. Stay encouraged, it hasn’t happened YET.
- You can’t afford to be one of those who carried their dreams to the grave – making the cemetery a very wealthy place. Filled with buried treasures called dreams.
I read this recently: “For many people, the adverse circumstances along the roadway of life have them so beat down and discouraged, they’ve forgotten how to dream. Their dreams were left in the dust years ago, and now it just hurts too much to get back up and try again.” [ Omar Johnson]
Let’s get back up again! Let’s resurrect those buried, broken dreams today. Sometimes we only need an audience of one – the One who deposited that dream in us. It is not just a popular saying; it is true – ‘God and you…me, is a majority.’ Let’s dream again!!
‘Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let your hands not be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well. ‘ [Ecclesiastes 11:6]
***Thanks for Reading- Dream Again.